Wednesday

The Dacula Dracula Dentist with Suicidal Lovers

The Dracula Dacula Dentist from Georgia.

It’s required much reading, studying and watching Greta, but I have a tentative timeline on the nefarious activities of Georgia dentist, Dr. Barton Corbin. Who, sadly, seems to have a real problem with women in his life committing suicide just as Corbin is about to break up with them.

Not to mention another “friend” of Corbin’s found at the bottom of a lake, her hands duct-taped, not your normal manner of driving.

It’s an interesting case, most because of the monster who would fix our teeth has, I’d argue, killed a few woman over the past fifteen years. It’s also intriguing how the arrest came down, the dentist being charged with the first suicide of a “significant other” of Corbin, even though Corbin’s wife had just committed suicide only two weeks prior to Corbin’s arrest.

Start at the beginning. The body of Dorothy "Dolly" Hearn, 27, was found by her roommate in their Augusta apartment on June 6, 1990. She was a Medical School of Georgia classmate of Corbin's who had dated him for about a year. It appeared that Hearn had committed suicide by administering a gunshot to her head.

Over the years there was much suspicion about the alleged suicide but time passed and the case became cold.

In 1996, Harriet Grey, a dental hygienist who worked in the same office as Corbin, disappeared. Almost a year later her body was found in her car, beneath a lake with her hands duct-taped. She’d left her house with half her groceries unpacked, most still sitting on the counter. It appeared that she’d left suddenly given this scenario.

In December of 2004, Dr. Corbin’s wife, Jennifer, also committed suicide.

On December 23, 2004, Dr. Barton Corbin was arrested and charged with the murder of his former girlfriend, Dolly Hearn.

Strange. All very strange.

The Dracula Dentist Posted by Hello

I must emphasize that any link between the murder of Harriet Grey and Corbin is all merely speculation at this time. In addition, at this time Corbin is also only consider a suspect in the death of his wife. Corbin has been indicted for the murder of Dolly Hearn.

Harriet Grey was a dental hygienist and did work at the same dental office as Corbin. Though Grey worked there in 1991 and Corbin in 1996. I got this little bit of information from the Greta show on 1/7/05. Greta asserted there’s investigation into this unusual “link” between the murder victim and the alleged murderer of one women and suspect in another. Also, Grey did not “commit suicide” in that she appeared to have been abducted and placed behind the wheel of her car. The duct tape pretty much eliminates any suspicion that her jaunt under the lake was an attempt at suicide.

The authorities are being close-lipped on this case and there is a gag order. According to Greta, Grey’s brother-in-law “hinted” that there had been a “relationship” between Corbin and Grey. Whatever “hinted” and “relationship” mean in this context.

Here’s what I think happened. Basic speculation and rumination going on here.

Corbin shot his wife in the head and arranged the scene to look like suicide in his most practiced manner. According to reports, Corbin was at a local bar the entire evening his wife supposedly killed herself. A place called the Wild Wing cafĂ© and said to be a sports bar. He was with some friends, they all drank some beer, the bar owner says his employees verify Corbin’s presence.

Along with checking out Corbin’s alibi, the law guys were checking out Corbin’s past. It likely didn’t take long for the investigators to discover that Corbin had another female lover who committed suicide. They were probably suspicious as hell and who wouldn’t be? How many people have two significant others kill themselves in a lifetime? I mean legitimately kill themselves?

Sgt. Peebles was the lead investigator in the Hearn investigation from 1991. Why was it his people that arrested Corbin? A grand jury was convened and they handed down an indictment on Corbin for the murder of Dolly Hearn. Based, so Peebles’ hinted and Greta speculated, on information from a “new informant”.

I think what we have here is a case of turf war amongst the law enforcement types. Just as soon as the Hearn’s investigators heard about Corbin’s wife they acted.

Now it could be that some friend of Corbin’s heard about his wife’s suicide and decided to reveal some information about Corbin, perhaps something Corbin shared many years ago after the Hearn “suicide”.

Maybe a school chum of Corbin’s, perhaps someone with whom Corbin shared a tidbit about how Dolly Hearn really died. When that school chum heard about Corbin’s wife also committing suicide he decided to come forward and tell about Corbin’s revelation about Dolly Hearn. The Augusta people got on it and based on the new info from the chum, got an indictment for Dr. Corbin.

It’s a convoluted scenario and not at all how I think it came down.

The only “new” information the Hearn’s investigators had about Barton Corbin was that his wife committed suicide some 14 plus years after their victim. The hasty indictment came down as soon as they could make it happen and before the Jennifer Corbin investigators could get the “big prize”.

I do believe there was a change in information made available to investigators and it came from the only source that it could have. Whoever was drinking and yukking it up with Barton Corbin the night his wife committed suicide, one of that gang admitted that there was a long period of time when Corbin was missing from the sports bar. For if the man shot his wife, he had to take a break from the festivities, get out of there, go home and do the deed, then come back for a beer as if nothing ever happened.

SOMEBODY had to notice this. Maybe one of his friends, one who assured Corbin that they would tell police that he was with the gang all night. One who remembers that pee break that Corbin took, when he came back after being gone so long for a pee and explained how he was outside talking with an old dental school chum. THIS is the new information the Corbin investigators got. Maybe Corbin’s chum didn’t think anything of his half hour disappearance that night when his wife’s death appeared to be a suicide. When it was a question of murder, I think Corbin’s chums began comparing notes.

Of course I think Corbin murdered Dolly Hearn and his wife Jennifer Corbin. When Corbin was arrested he was a passenger in his secretary’s car. They had both just left the dental office together. I know co-workers go out to lunch all the time but a dentist and his secretary? Both of them out of the office in the middle of a busy day? The secretary might well have been the reason Jennifer Corbin had to be eliminated.

As for Harriet Grey, not a suicide but dead nonetheless and yet another dead woman known to have been an acquaintance of Dr. Barton Corbin, well yes I’m thinking he killed her too. Grey’s death came after he’d apparently gotten off for killing Dolly Hearn. The guy’s a sociopath at the least. Greta and her cohorts kept emphasizing that Grey’s death was different than the rest, that she hadn’t shot herself in the head like Hearn and Jennifer Corbin. Well I don’t care. That shooting in the head thing is simply convenient, not Corbin’s modus operandi. This guy thinks he can kill anyone who gets in his way with impunity. Maybe Harriet Grey didn’t have a gun handy for a convenient quick suicide. Maybe Corbin intended to drive her car off the road, make it look like an intentional suicide by car. Or an accident. Except Harriet kept fighting with her hands and Corbin had to tape them up.

At any rate, let’s hope those Augusta prosecutors got a rock solid case because this appears to be a case of turf protection to me. I’m thinking we’ll hear snippets and tidbits to that effect in the months to come.

This WILL be an interesting court case.

And I hope investigators are checking into the whereabouts of any other ladies with whom Corbin might have been involved in the past.

Source Used for This Post, among others.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Suicide-STAGED-Driven Dentist is definitely a nut case! BART IS NOT SO SMART! HE ACTED ONE TOO MANY TIMES! STRANGE HOW SUPICIOUS MURDERERS ARE SO DUMB! I found this out when sitting in his office with a painful tooth. The first time I sat in the chair... The hygienist says hello and then Corbin steps up to the other side of the chair and RIGHT AWAY didn't say hello, how are you or anything. The first words out of his mouth were something like this " I know what that boy needs. I could take care of him" He was indicating the young patient needed a spanking by his parent for being scared, upset and acting out in the office. The hygienist said "He was just scared." A lot of kids are like that. Corbin says something like he knows how to take care of his sons when they act like that. I couldn't believe it. A professional talking like that about a frightened patient. My goodness. I felt like who in the world is this guy. Maybe I shouldn't have went to his office. He was the only one who could see me on short notice near the holidays. That was a big mistake! Before I ever heard anything about the deaths of his wife and girlfriend I knew he was a psycho. He caused me more problems than I had before I sat in his chair. I spent Christmas in the emergency room with my eye almost shut and swollen due to his treatment. He called me like a crazy person after I sent a letter demanding the bridge he SIGNED and PROMISED he would replace for the pain and harm he caused me. I told him I had never heard a professional act like that. He also said it was the dental office that he worked for who was responsible not him. I told him it was him because he signed in writing to take care of it. I checked with the GA Board of Dentistry in 2004 to see if he had any type of complaints or infractions in his file. He didn't but the office where he worked had a minor one. He called the attorney for the dentist office to tell her he wasn't responsible and they were. She called me and said he was. After I sent letters complaining about his service, I was prepared to go to court. I didn't because of the indictments for murder. I know first hand his temper and his intentions. He has a temper and doesn't like to be challenged. Cross him and he will go crazy! He never took the blame but passed it on. This meant he realized his mistake but wasn't willing to own it. I never asked for money in the beginning, just a bridge in replacement of a tooth. He said if I let him pull my tooth he would make up for it with a new bridge. He also instructed me to call the office where he worked parttime to start the bridge process. Once I called to do this, all hell broke loose. He went crazy. I never want to see him again.I had nightmares about this. If he could react that way to a patient, good Lord what he could do to his family. I haven't posted this anywhere else on the internet or told any other person other than my family and new dentist. This guy is nuts! He caused me pain! When the stories came out about the suicides, I knew they had the RIGHT MAN! Poor Jennifer and Dolly. How did they stand to be around him after he went crazy on them. I believe he shot Jennifer due to "Hearn" name from the person Jennifer was communicating with on the internet. I may be wrong, but it is my best guess. God works in mysterious ways. At least he probably will not get by with one of the murders. IIt is so horrible that the children don't have their mother, but it is certainly a blessing that they don't have to live in abuse with their crazy dad! I know Jennifer's sister will and is taking good care of the boys. Thank God they have wonderful grandparents and aunts and uncles. To kill your children's mother when they are so young takes a cold calculating killer. I can't wait to see him punished and stay in prison for ever. I heard on the news that he wanted to practice dentistry in jail. They told him NO. We don't let you continue your profession in any form or fashion in jail. Good for Gwinnett County! Who wants his crazy hands in their mouth. My Lord, help us all through this time. May God send his special blessings on Jennifer's kids and family. I know it is hard for them especially at this time of year. As far as the Hearn family, I know they miss their beautiful daughter. It is ashame she didn't get to practice dentistry and use her special gift with people. She was definitely a warm and gifted dentist! Yes she was well respected and liked by so many others in her profession and in the community. I have read a lot of different sites paying tribute to both of these ladies. They never got to live a full life.I often think about the boys and how this has changed their life forever. They will see their mom again one day. God has promised us this. I believe justice will be served in this case in the near future. I also agree to previous posts that someone told on Barton when they heard about the Jennifer alledged suicide. BARTON YOU WILL HAVE YOUR DAY IN COURT AND IT WON'T BE PRETTY!

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone,
I was checking to see any new information on Doc Corbin on this site. I still get nightmares about him from time to time. I am the lady who posted the anonymous post in December 2005. Doc Dracula Corbin makes me sick. I thank God that his sons don't have to live around his anger and temper. Unfortunately, as you know, soon after Jennifer was discovered dead, her own son suspected his dad had killed his mother. I think about that alot. Time has helped me to not go too nuts about it, but it doesn't make it any less horrible. What a terrible thing to live with for a small boy. I am sure all the love the boys receive from their caring aunts, uncles and grandparents help them have a good life, as much as to be expected at this point in time. It is a terrible thing to live in fear, especially for a child. I've seen Corbin's strange and smart-ass looks in the news, in his office and on the internet(I don't ever say nasty words, but it just came out!). It makes me so angry for Jennifer and the boys as well as Dolly and her family and maybe Harriet(if he hurt her or had someone hurt her). There are a lot of spouses or boyfriends who go crazy when their relationships are about to end with their female wife or girlfriend or any bad news about them might get out that they don't want told. Many controling males think they own the person they are in a relationship with. I think men react this way more than women. Dolly and Jennifer must have had an idea that he might do something like he alledgedly did to them, based on their troubles and police reports concerning his temper in their recent past. These are my thoughts of course. Not sure about Harriet's circumstances. No one knows the truth but Barton Corbin, God and the Devil. Harriet may have decided to give out information on Corbin that he didn't want her to, so he took care of her, I assume. Maybe taping her hands kept her from being able to swim or to make it look like someone did a bad thing to her. I think Corbin likes to really scare his victims and maybe torture them before he kills them (my opinion only, we will see when the trial comes out). His temper takes him over like you wouldn't believe. He becomes a different creature. Imagine (assuming) killing your wife or girlfriend or anyone and then going back to a bar and laughing and talking after you've done it. It is really sad these precious ladies lost their lives this way. I changed my mind about going to small claims court to sue Corbin for a dental bridge after Corbin's bad dentistry procedure that put me in the hospital. I wasn't ready to see him so soon after finding out about the suspected murders. A tooth wasn't worth looking at his evil face. I have had a robber to break in on me and shoot at me for money in the 1980's. They enjoyed toying and torture me with a gun and shooting around me. They put the gun to my temple. I think it made the robber feel like he had a lot of power over me (he did). But he really liked it. Kicked me, shot at me, etc... I had three small children at the time. I was home alone recovering from back surgery. He wanted money for drugs. God saved me when a neighbor came over to check on me around lunch time with her 2 kids. She saw the door knocked down and the phone cord pulled away from the wall (she called first, then came over because she thought I might have passed out or fell or something due to the surgery, not a robber when the phone disconnected!). The robber ran out the door when she showed up. I lived in fear. My family had to move to another house and city for me to get some peace and sanity. I got over it pretty quickly after moving. I have a very good heavenly father with me! He protected me! I could hear the same criminal anger in Corbin's voice and see the same expressions as the robber years before in Corbin (really weird). Corbin didn't care except to intimidate and put the blame on others. NOW a jury will decide his fate. I don't think he thinks he will be put away for good as he sits in jail. He is not that type of person in my opinion. He thinks he can out-smart, and he is too much of a bully. Danny Porter is not one to bully. Thank God for him!!! The devil likes to make himself look so nice and good on the outside when he has a raging, calculating plan every second of the day! GOOD (GOD) ALWAYS WINS in the END! THAT IS THE ONE THING THAT GOD GIVES HIS CHILDREN SO THEY CAN MAKE IT IN THE HARD TIMES AND REJOICE IN THE GOOD TIMES!!!

I know Jennifer, Dolly and Harriet are happy now in heaven. That lasts forever! Their families will see them again forever, thank the Good Lord! Corbin took way more than a tooth and fear from me, but it doesn't mean anything compared to what he took from others. I am not afraid of him anymore. He is in a safe place for all. I bet he thinks he has this all under control with his cocky self, but he hasn't seen nothing yet! He will be judged and he will be punished for good.

I just wanted to take a peek at this site and see if there were any more news. I don't like to post things that are negative on a past loved-one's memorial site. That is for their glory and honor.

Until Later... Keep the prayers up that justice will be served, I know I will!

Anonymous said...

You sound crazier than he does. You should proof read your work before you post. My heart goes out to you though -- no one should ever go through being robbed at gunpoint in their own home. That being said, your religious ranting makes you sound nuts. By the way, buy yourself a good 9mm or .40 auto, and no robber can screw with you... I pity the fool who comes in my house with a gun in his hand. As far as the doc goes, wait til "Bubba" starts getting frisky in jail, then see how cool and collected the doc is.

Anonymous said...

LOL That is soooooooooooooo funny!

Anonymous said...

I did this search this evening because of Corbin's pleading guilty, and wondering if anything was being said about his implication in the murder/staged suicide of my former sister-in-law's mother, Harriet Grey. You wrote a good, concise summary of what happened, and ironically, you live here in the same town as I do, Georgetown DE!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I am so drawn to this case? Perhaps because I live in Dacula, Georgia (formerly of Selbyville, Delaware by the way ;))
or perhaps just out of heartfelt compassion for three families (now I find out four) who are going through hell on earth.

I have visited "the Dolly Hearn" website, the "In memory of Jennifer Corbin" website and I have visited "the friends of Bart Corbin" website and I have so many people from both sides proclaim to believe in God, proclaim to be praying for Jennifer's family while condemning Bart Corbin to hell in the same breath. I know without a doubt if I were Jennifer's parent, sister, etc. I would probably be thinking the same thing (until healing from the inside occurs) but to make that a public announcement while taking the stance of being a follower of Christ is just hard to watch be done.

I am so sorry for all of the families involved. What incidious crimes committed by a man with a very wicked heart. I pray that the familes would be given a peace that would allow them to release this man from unforgiveness in their hearts that will only paralyze them and the Corbin boys... after all... murder or not... Bart Corbin is still their father.

I pray for Bart Corbin that he would be given a truly repentant and remorseful heart. I pray that healing would be given to all the families involved, but most importantly, I pray that the Corbin boys would somehow be restored and that they would be given as normal of a life as possible full of love, family and faith.

God be with them.

Anonymous said...

I was in dental school with Dolly, Bart was a year ahead of us he was unbalanced then as many of us knew.
Dolly once told me when I asked why she was upset "I'm dating a
psycho"
well she was right but who could have envisioned the extent of his madness

Anonymous said...

I think he killed the other lady too! Does anyone know what's going on with that case? He is a true Nut! I wonder if like any other members of his family have/had problems similar to his. His anger problems couldn't have just appeared out the air. It just seems to me that as a child he had to have had problems with maybe anger, cruelty, jealousy, etc???? He didn't just become a college student Murderer, then go on killing atleast one more that we know for certain. And almost certain another. His family had to have atleast known something was amiss somewhere along while he was growing up. Right? I just can't believe that atleast his Mother did not see some kind of indications at some point while he was growing up!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by accident and wanted to comment. I went to school with Jennifer and was completely shocked when this news broke. Later I was even more mortified to learn that
Jennifer's parents were not able to make final arrangements for their daughter(because legally her husband was in charge ~ even though he killed her)... And when it came time for the bill for the bill to be delivered... Corbin had it sent to Jennifer's parents. Hell has a special place for that Monster.

Anonymous said...

He is the Devil himself, Thank God he is in prison and just Pray he stays there.

Anonymous said...

i just finished reading a book by ann ruke on this case -too late to say goodbye. i was also a student at mcg during the same time as dolly and bart, although not a dental student. i became interested in the case after it first appeared on t.v. a few years ago. i graduated in 1988, but actually had friends in bart and dolly's dental class. ann rule's book answers some of the questions peole are asking here. i pray for the family and especially jenn's 2 sons to have peace in their lives. this was a very sad story.

Anonymous said...

This is such a tragic story. No matter how many times the dentist is condemned by so many people, it will never bring the young mother back. There are two children who are without a mother because of mental illness. A wise person once said ...why do we hide or ignore mental illness as if it is a bad thing? If we would only seek help by getting our heads examined perhaps there would not be so many psychos running around.Society needs to accept mental illness as a health issue and not something to be ashamed of. If we are ashamed then we ty to cover it up. Rejection is a hard thing but to kill someone because they want to break up with you...you should get your head examined! This man had no business trying to help others when he needed professional help himself. Maybe the two boys would still have their biological mother and the families would still have their loved ones with them. I wish all the affected families a Merry Christmas and God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

this doctor of death is a peice of sh-t would loved to have met him to bust his sorry but up,any man that does this to women is'nt a true man.what would pocess a person to do this to two nice looking women.this really p-ss-es me off.I CAN ONLY HOPE he keeps his sorry as- in jail.i can only only hope he can read this bring it on bad as- signed the ufc fighter

Anonymous said...

What about the other missing woman who was a close friend of the dentist and his wife Jenn, Mary Lands? She has been missing since 2004. Is she another of this dentist's victims?

Anonymous said...

Barton Corbin was not responsible for the death of Harriet Gray and disappearance of Mary Lands. The police said that he is no longer a suspect in Harriet's case. Mary Lands' boyfriend was arrested in her case.

I went to school with Dr. Corbin. He was always a nice guy. I don't understand any of this. God bless the families.