Friday

Miscellany:A PetsMart Rant; Caught at the Grocery; Cats, Birds and Snowy Days

A compendium of this and that worth a paragraph. The compiled paragraphs equal an entire column of wisdom.
PetsMart Has No Carts
Bearing in mind here that this is not the first time that this particular PetsMart store has had a cart problem.

With myself being owned by six cats and two dogs, such as shopping at pet stores is a darn big deal. So much so that the shopping encompasses two states and over one hundred miles. For the coastal area of Delaware caters more to the resort minded than pet owners. Sure there's pet stores in this neck of the woods but they're small and expensive.

Thus on my trips back to Merryland, the state of my birth and home of Kaitlyn Mae, I will return to the PetsMart on Route 2 in the Southgate shopping center.

It's happened before that there were NO carts in the front of the store but this time it was an especially heinous experience. In that there was ice and snow all over the ground and it was a tricky endeavor to go BACK to the parking lot to get a spare cart. Which I had to do because I didn't realize there were no carts in front of the store until I was at the front door.

It isn't as if purchasing pet supplies isn't, more often than not, a shopping cart type of activity. Myself often buys huge boxes/bags/buckets of cat litter, twenty pounds of cat and dog food, various dog and cat toys and froufrou, not to mention the purchase of sunflower seeds and such for the bird fellows.

I cannot carry this sort of stuff around the store is what I'm saying here.

A pet store should ALWAYS have carts available to customers and this particular store has not, on TWO different occasions, had carts readily available to happening customers like myself. Who they should cherish if you get my drift.

Also, may I point out that on the day of my visit I was there in the middle of a weekday. Not a weekend or evening when the store might be busier. And STILL, no carts.

Below I have a picture of the one and only cart available to me the day of my visit, a busted up affair with no back at all. Next to it is a picture of the store facade and may all know now that it is the PetsMart in Glen Burnie, Maryland in the Southgate Shopping center.

 Posted by Hello
They think I'm a bitch because I complained about this lack of carts. They did send someone out to retrieve the carts and honestly someone did come fairly quickly. If you define fairly quickly as about seven minutes, seven precious minutes when I had a bevy of appointments to attend to. I slipped and slid out to the cart corrale in the parking lot and got my own. Spent $85.00 by the time I got out of there too.

Well folks I cannot make these people understand about carts so I must fight back the only way I can. I am posting my complaint very publicly on my Blog, complete with the offending store's locale punctuated by a picture. The two or three people a day who read this Blog will now know NOT to shop at this PetsMart though who knows, maybe those big pet food people have the same policy at all the stores. Which is not to bother rounding up carts for the convenience of their customers until a bitchy customer complains. You'll never see a grocery store taking this position can you imagine?

I also intend to go to the PetsMart web site and give them a link to this Blog entry. If they care, they'll do something about it.

I only know they didn't care the first time I complained about it. I will also be scouting out new pet supply stores because who needs to spend their big bucks at a store with so little concern about their customers?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I'm On a Rant
Below is yet another picture taken by a wild Grandmother with a photo cell phone. The picture is self-explanatory but also a lesson caught in the act of life. Click to enlarge picture. And before you ask, BOTH misleading signs were for containers of the exact same size.
 Posted by Hello

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martha vs. Maxine
I have no idea who Maxine is though I imagine Martha would be Ms. Stewart of jail fame. I do know I thought it a real snort so Maxine, wherever you are, thanks for the laughs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.

*Maxine's Way *
Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake! You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it, anyway!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.

*Maxine's Way *
Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix, keep it in the pantry for up to a year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.

*Maxine's Way *
Go to the bakery! They'll even decorate it for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
If you accidentally over salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant "fix-me-up."

*Maxine's Way *
If you over salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Martha's Way*
Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.

*Maxine's Way *
Celery? Never heard of it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.

*Maxine's Way *
The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust so I don't.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

*Maxine's Way *
Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.

*Maxine's Way *
Go ask that very cute neighbor if he can open it for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Martha's Way*
Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.

*Maxine's Way *
Leftover wine???????????
HELLO !!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Bird Fellows and the Recent Snow Storm
Here in Serendipity Shore we do, as in Critter Cove, our former homestead, feed the bird fellows. And a snow storm is the best bird feeding time of all.

So when the meterologists were calling for blizzards I sprang into action. One such action being the placement of our spent Christmas tree on our deck that the bird fellows have a place to hide from the hawks who would prey on the feeding birds.

I then sprinkled sunflower and millet all throughout the tree.

Below is a picture of the tree. Not many birds are visible in the pic but there are plenty of juncos, white-troat sparrows, wrens and other avian types within the branches of that old Christmas tree, enjoying my seed not covered by snow. You can see one little junco hopping over to the bounty to the right.

I thought it was a most ecologically happening way to employ a used Christmas tree and thought I'd pass on the hint to bird lovers across the planet. Come spring we'll throw that tree in the compost pile where it will take a year or so to break down but it will and then the same Christmas tree will nourish my gardens.

Also in the pic below, because I couldn't help but take the picture it was so cute, is one of my cats. Who would have thought a cat would be such a bird lover? Heh-heh, not that I am fooled mind you. Check out that stalking cat's tail. Only the pane of the sliding glass door prevents all those birds hopping around so merrily from being the prey of this bird-watching cat.

And no, my cats do NOT go outside.



 Posted by Hello

No comments: