Friday

Pop Culture-The Truth About That Big Hog; Oh Yeah, and a Rosie O'Donnell Update

Perhaps it was Rosie O'Donnell's crash on "The View" but we learn that Charlie Sheehan has second thoughts on his part in the 9-11 conspiracy film in this Pop Culture post.

Plus Lindsay Lohan, and Paris"?

Some fun with the Rosie/Elizabeth feud and lots of blind items.


Pic of the Day
Underwater restaurant open 4/15/07




Quote of the Day
"Here's my strategy on the Cold War:

We win, they lose."
- Ronald Reagan



Web Site Worth the Visit
You Might Be a Yankee...

In a play on Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck...", here's a site that will tell you if you are a yankee after you answer a few questions.

ABOVE SITE HERE



TIDBITS

THINGS YOU'D LOVE TO SAY OUT LOUD AT WORK

1. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of shit.
2. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
3. How about never? Is never good for you?
4. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
5. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.
6. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
7. I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.
8. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
9. It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.
10. Ahhh. I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again...
11. I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
12. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
13. I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don't give a damn.
14. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
15. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
16. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
17. The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
18. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
19. What am I? Flypaper for freaks?!
20. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
21. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.
22. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
23. And your cry-baby whiny-assed opinion would be...?
24. Do I look like a people person?
25. This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.
26. I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.
27. Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.
28. If I throw a stick, will you leave?
29. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
30. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.
31. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.
32. A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.
33. Can I trade this job for what's behind door #1?
34. Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
35. Nice cologne. Must you marinate in it?
36. Chaos, panic, and disorder---my work here is done.
37. How do I set a laser printer to stun?
38. I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted a salary.
39. Oh I get it... like humor... but different.


 Posted by Hello


The Latest Rosie O'Donnell Rumor

Rosie O'Donnell Liz Hasselback need anger managerment montage


Heard on the Fox morning show this morning, Rosie is trying to get her own show opposite of The View.

Heh. So which one would I watch? Oh, decisions, decisions.

So I've decided.

I would watch neither.

BLIND ITEM FUN

From: PopBitch BLIND ITEM 5/24**
ASKED
Before his career really took off this US TV actor was a Grade A gakhead and boozer.

You could almost say "cheers" was his favourite word. An ex-girlfriend of his confided to us about one night back in the 80s. She got to put on a strap-on, take the comedy star up the arse and then have the joy of doing coke off his bald spot. Wonder what a psychiatrist would say about that?

GUESSED
  • Kelsey Grammar

    From: NATIONAL ENQUIRER 05/20/07 **BLIND ITEM**
    ASKED
    An entire A-list celebrity family bought their drugs from the same dealer - a 43-year-old man who quit dealing after serving a jail term for drug distribution and possession. "The couple's kid was scoring between $3,000 and $6,000 worth of crystal meth a week from me, so he had to be dealing, too," the dealer - who passed a lie detecton test - told The Enquirer. "This old lady, who was once one of Hollywood's most gorgeous actresses, initially wouldn't take the stuff from me. She'd have her kid get it. But then we became close friends and I did coke with her. The famous husband has been a cokehead for 25 years. He spent $12,000 to $15,000 a week with me for years. But the son was unbelievable! He used heroin, crystal meth and marijuana. He mixed the drugs with Percodan, Vicodin, Soma and Methadone, and then washed them down with Budweiser."

    GUESSED
  • The osbournes
  • Nope, it doesn't fit. Sharon Osbourne isn't one of Hollywood's most gorgeous actresses as quoted.
  • I'm thinking Ryan O'Neill, Farah and family. Not sure if the timing of it all makes sense but Tatum and Griffith had drug problems and I wouldn't be
    surprised if Farah and Ryan did too.

    Charlie Sheen Has Second Thoughts About Being an Idiot

    However, it may be too late.

    There seems to be a movement afoot in Hollywood to spread the nonsense that the attacks of 9-11-01 were part of our own government's conspiracy. I might mention that the very intelligent and beautiful Rosie O'Donnell believes this and regularly spouts the "proof" if given a chance.

    Now Charlie Sheen is in a bind as he's already agreed to narrate a film about the 9-11 conspiracy but he knows it's a loser. Wonder how this will end up.

    From the NYPOST.com:
    May 27, 2007 -- SUPPORT for the loopy 9/11 documentary "Loose Change" - which argues that the World Trade Center terror attack was part of a secret U.S. government conspiracy - is quickly losing steam.

    A source tells us Charlie Sheen "is having second thoughts" about being involved in an updated version of the flick, which has a huge following on YouTube. As Page Six reported in March, Sheen had agreed to narrate the ridiculous flick, presumably to give it some needed Hollywood sizzle.


    The Hollywood Beauties Keep Drinking and Driving

    If it isn't Paris Hilton, a vapid air head with no discernable career, we now have Lindsay Lohan drinking and driving and slamming into stuff.

    So far Paris has kept her jail time to a minimum and even this morning (6/8/07) she somehow got out of jail. Let's see how Lindsay makes out.

    From CNN.com:
    Lindsay Lohan
    • Officials find what they suspect is cocaine at scene
    • Actress, 20, slightly injured when her car hit curb, police say
    • No one else hurt, no other cars involved in 5:30 a.m. accident
    • Police: Her tentative arraignment date is August 24.


    Speaking of Frazier

    ....see Blind Item above.

    Not that Frazier's brother on Kelsey Grammar's famed series being a homosexual would be news to anyone but now it's official.

    From US Magazine:
    Frasier star and Tony-nominated actor David Hyde Pierce is officially out of the closet. But was he pushed?

    AfterElton.com reports that a recent AP article casually alluded to Pierce's "partner," Brian Hargrove. While this normally wouldn't ring any alarms, Pierce, 48, has never spoken about the topic publicly, and has previously said "I don't talk about my personal life."


    The Truth About the "Wild" Boar Shot by the 11-Year-Old

    This story and the pic of that huge boar allegedly shot by a young boar has been the subject of amusement and speculation these past few weeks.

    It would turn out that the wild hog was once a domestic animal, not quite as dangerous as one might believe.

    But there's more to the story.

    From Foxnews.com:
    The 1,051-pound hog, shot and killed by 11-year-old Jamison Stone and the subject of a world-wide Web firestorm over the photo's authenticity, really is...
    Fred.

    As it turns out, hogs are often raised under domestic conditions and released into the wild. Something I did not know. In fact, there are "hunting preserves" that are specifically used for the purpose of allowing "hunters" to hunt these formerly domesticated hogs.

    The whole thing doesn't seem fair to me but at least the world now knows that the big boar shot by Jamison Stone was real and in a manner of speaking, the hog was "wild".

    SKYWALK NOT SO GREAT?

    I have been intrigued with the new Grand Canyon Skywalk for quite a while. The concept is that a walkway will now allow tourists to walk out over the Grand Canyon. This new feature was put in place by an American Indian tribe and the reaction has been mixed.

    Here is a Blog post about the walkway on this Blog in March of this year. Below is an earlier picture of the concept as envisioned.

    Grand Canyon Walkway


    So an email passed through my in-box and it seems that the walkway is now open but there are, heh, some glitches.

    Hi Guys! The following is unedited from an email a friend sent me regarding their recent trip to see the new Skywalk at the Grand Canyon. For anyone thinking about going, here is a reality check for you...Best regards.

    Christy wanted to see the new "thing" at the Grand Canyon , so we went this weekend. It is advertised as $25.00 to go out on the skywalk and the pictures show a beautiful building next to the walkway. Well; they are not quite "HONEST." It is $25.00 to go on the skywalk, but it is $50.00 to be on the reservation. You find this out after what they say is a 1 hour trip down a 57 mile dirt road. Wrong! This dirt road is 57 miles all right; the fastest you can go is 25 mph; you do the math!!!

    So, after this long drive you get the good news it is $75.00 a person!! Christy said maybe we should forget it; I said after that road we are not coming back so get out the damn credit card. Then you get on their bus for a 10 min ride to the "walkway"; built in one of the ugliest place on the whole Grand Canyon; not a tree to be seen and the water is gray below! Their building is not started, so you have a trailer to go into to go through a metal detector and leave your camera and purse in the trailer.

    Woman walking on new grand canyon walkway

    The walkway glass was cracked which lead me to believe they may have a few engineering glitches and I got my ass off the thing right away after seeing that! Believe me it is not as big or long as it looks on TV. They do give you a buffet lunch, with your ticket, at "Guano" (means poop) Point The Indians used to go over the cliff here to pick up bird droppings to use for Makeup
    (war paint). You get to sit in one of the windiest places on earth to eat your chicken or ribs covered with blowing dirt. We passed on the lunch.

    There are buses leaving every 10-15 min with 52 people on board at $75.00 per person $3,900.00 per bus from 8:00 am until 6:30 PM. That's $156,000per day! I guess they are making a lot of money. They are flying people in from Vegas and Laughlin to go see the is thing! I guess the Indians are smart; but not so honest about all the details of the activity.

    We had to stop and change a tire for a young girl who took her grandparents out there. They had the right kind of car and good tires; but the road is terrible, they blew out the side wall of the tire. They must have hit the side of the road and a big rock. They did not know where the spare tire was and were completely helpless. The tow truck would have come out there but it would have been
    2.5 hours and $400.00! The girl was very scared and grateful we stopped to help. Some guys stopped to ask if this was the right way to the Skywalk Grandpa yelled out go back it is not worth it!!

    One last detail, the hotel the Indians run to accommodate this adventure looks great online, but the sign at check in says "SINCE THE TRAINS COME BY EVERY 10 -15 MINS PLEASE ASK FOR THE FREE EAR PLUGS". We immediately canceled our reservations and made it to Kingman, AZ for the night. We got up at 6am and got the hell out of Arizona!


    More Gossip/Speculation HERE

    Digg!

    Add POST to Technorati Favorites
    =======================
  • No comments: