Tuesday

The World of Advertising-Forget the Product, Let Me Make You Feel Good. Deviled Eggs, Smiles, More


PIC OF DAY

WORLD FAMOUS DEVILED EGGS
===============================

Deviled Egg Post

So I recently had a book club meeting and I was hostess. I served, as is my wont for such things, my world famous deviled eggs.

Since it was my book club and since everyone LOVED the deviled eggs (they always do) I told my story of how the very first thing I taught in my writing class was….heh, how to make my world famous deviled eggs.

In memory, a pic and a link are provided.

You'll thank me very much
====================================================

What's Going On In the World of Advertising? Forget the Product, We Want to Make You Feel Good
==================================================

One thing we still can count on, when the producer of a product or service will advertise their products in the best possible manner to convince an audience to buy their goods.

Of late I've noted that so many commercials are NEVER about the product.

Instead we are bombarded by emotions and evidently, as the advertisers see it, the advertiser who most touches our emotions.

Those infamous sleep number mattresses advertisements are so schmaltzy as to make me almost go into diabetic shock.

The commercial begins with a young couple lying in bed, the female's pregnant stomach protruding fruitfully. It moves on to show children playing on the bed, sisters applying make-up. Then we have mother and daughter on wedding day as they meet by the mattress, which we all do on our wedding days, to hug and smile through happy tears, our mattress by our side.

The commercial ends with the now older couple still romping around on that mattress, the senior male now porting a rose in his mouth as they laugh and show how happening and cool old people can be.

Or my goodness, Target really hits the, well the target, with their commercials.

Target appeals to the hip and cool youth, featuring colorful pants for females, ties for males, tea sets for our tables, all while gentlemen in lime-green suits ride around on unicycles and chase primary colored-balloons.

It's never really cool just what product that Target sells that is so cool and hip except maybe clothes and pretty dish towels.

Target is okay, goodness, but it's not much more beyond a great big 5 and 10 cent store of my youth. Walmart is always cheaper, mostly cause Target spends a fortune on advertising to fool us.

You'd think if you buy a car it's very serious and any car producer wanting to attract your business will get straight down to business as they show you their product.

Heh.

Suburu has a commercial, the entire thing says absolutely nothing about the car. It shows a young daughter going off to school for the first time as her Dad stands by her at the bus stop. The Dad then jumps into his Suburu and follows the school bus as visuals of his once scared daughter are flashed through the school bus window as she laughs with her seatmates, her fears long forgotten.

Sears, goodness, they sell refrigerators and such and Sears used to be all business, their appliances being the backbone of that retailor.

Now they have two people who fall in love across the air ways. They eventually meet by running into a nice stainless steel Sears refrigerator.

Never mind how much food the fridge holds or the gas mileage of the Suburu.

True love will spark by a Sears refrigerator and a Surburu will bring a worried Dad peace of mind.

And goodness our sleep number mattresses will track all the happy moments of our lives so we must buy.

Not all is glum, though. The new Dr. Pepper commercial makes me want to go buy this soft drink because….well according to its advertising, those who choose Dr. Pepper are one and only, ie, NOT part of the crowd.

Well that's me so hey….

…..I must go buy.

==============================================================


PLAYING WITH LANGUAGE
=======================

Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.

I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

How do you make holy water? Boil the hell out of it!

Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?

When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.

What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Broken pencils are pointless.

I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.

Velcro: what a rip off!

Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy.

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love, and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says, "A beer please, and one for the road."

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this taste funny to you?"

"Doc, I can't stop singing 'The Green, Green Grass of Home.'" "That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome." "Is it common?" "Well, It's Not Unusual."


Ending with a smile

No comments: