Tuesday

Little of This, Little of That. Buying Sudafed Could Get You Arrested, Don't Pay More Than a New Customer, If You Sit You Shall Be Condemned

PIC OF DAY



Got Stuffy Nose? Gimme Your License and Sign Here for Sudafed
==================================================

What the hell?

I like Sudafed, or the generic of it called suphredine or some such. There is no OTC medical product that clears up the sinus like this product and I like to have a box around.

Why on earth do I have to show my driver's license every time I buy a box of Sudafed-ALSO MUCINEX-D!- and sign for the purchase?

Don't bother with the answer, I know it. So the pharmacists tell me, suphredine is used to make some drug, a "speed" drug of some kind.

They use sugar to make heroine, should we have to sign for it too?

Once again the innocent are forced to toe the line while the guilty...well hey, how many of you out there really think those making speed with suphredine always sign for their purchase and provide a driver's license?

Cause I got a bridge to sell cheap.

They've got me firmly in their cross hairs folks. Anybody can see I am a kingpin drug dealer all because I wanted to buy my dying husband something to help him breathe.

And stupid lo-fo pharmacist (I thought you had to be smart to be a pharmacist) says it's needed to catch the criminals.

Heh.

I am sure they've caught a clew of criminals this way, bud. Dream on.

Things You'd Love To Say Out Loud
================================
11. I like you. You remind me of myself
when I was young and stupid.

12. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.

13. I have plenty of talent and vision ;
I just don't give a damn.

14. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

15. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions
I had about you.

16. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged
by your unique point of view.

17. The fact that no one understands you
doesn't mean you're an artist.

18. Any connection between your reality and
mine is purely coincidental.

19. What am I ? Flypaper for freaks ?!

20. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.

Long Time Customers of Comcast and AT&T...Don't Get Caught Paying More Than Brand New Customers
===========================================================================================

Yes I am in a third year of the Comcast "triple play" thing and yes I am paying for some kind of phone that I never use.

But if I were to order unlimited Internet, a bunch of premium channels along with "Anywhere DVR" (something they do not yet have)...it would cost me more by purchasing these services individually than in the bundle.

Even now, a few years later, it's still cheaper for me to pay for a phone I don't use via Comcast's "bundle" deal, than to toss the phone and get my TV and Internet service separate.

However, while I've been a customer for almost fifteen years now, there are brand NEW customers of Comcast paying a cheaper rate than me!

As for AT&T, I have a so-called "family plan" service that allows me to include daughter's cell phone with my bill. I expect to pay for this, yea I do.

Then I hear T-Mobile or some other service offering more minutes a month along with unlimited text for a price so much cheaper than AT&T's family plan that it would be cheaper for me to sign up for three separate individually plans than AT&T's family plan. AND I DIDN'T HAVE UNLIMITED TEXT WITH AT&T!!

So I called up both of these companies. I told them that I was going to take my bill of theirs to their competitors and I was going to ask their competitor to make me a better offer.

Comcast immediately reduced the bill to that of a new customer.

Well duh. Where's the justification of Comcast providing their service cheaper to new customers than loyal customers like myself of almost twenty years?

As for AT&T, they immediately offered me unlimited texting if I remained with them, for a full six months.

The larger point here, don't expect companies to do an "oopsie" and go back to offer their older more loyal customers a reduced price that would equal that offered to their new customers.

They won't.

Make them do the right thing, don't pay more than a new customer!

Per the AARP-"Sitting Is the New Smoking"-say what?
============================================

I read in a recent article that the AARP, that quasi-government agency reporting directly to Obamacare, reports that "Sitting is the New Smoking".

In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Folks, be ready for the rocky ride. For implied in this assertion is the fact that those of us who do not exercise will soon be on par with smokers.

Consider.

Us fatties will be forced to stand outside….cold, wind, rain or snow, that those with exercise-toned bodies might not have to look at all the flab.

Not only will we all be forced to purchase tiny sodas, those with flab will only be allowed bottled water...no flavoring.

We will be forced to join a gym. If a gym is not near us, we can then join a federal exercise exchange. The cost of same will be deducted from our paychecks.

Body Mass Index will be the criteria that decides the cost of our health care, what seats we get in airplanes-or if we can fly at all, our assignment in line for Disney rides and finally, whether we live or die.

Coming soon….to a liberal society near you.

Ending With a Smile


No comments: