Saturday

3.12.22-Project Veritas Wins Another One; Florida says "Don't Say Gay" as Alleged; Review Cooking Shows; Smiles and Giggles

Daily Miscellany

Thoughts and flashes of brilliance that enter my head from nowhere.

Enjoy.  Or abhor, depending on the effect of my "wisdom".

---------------------------------------------------
Project Veritas

Project Veritas has done it again. Corporate media in general and the NY Times, in particular, made the mostly peaceful protests of January 6, 2021, “overblown” for the sake of promoting a narrative, a Pulitzer Prize-winning NY Times journalist admitted on undercover video.

January 6, 2021 was a day when a few folks, some part of a crowd that had earlier been in the audience of then President Trump, paid a visit to the country's capitol to do some protesting.  There was some bad behavior but now we find out, via the fine journalists at Project Veritas, that it was mostly a peaceful demonstration with the actual activity blown waaaaay out of proportion by the failure of Pelosi to call the National Guard and the Democrat effort to blame it all on Trump and his supporters.

Now we learn the truth.  FBI agents were hidden within the crowd to tease and tempt them into bad behavior.  In fact, no deaths and minimal violence was caused by Trump supporters.

But even now, over a year later, the Democrats want to somehow pin all the blame on Trump.

Read this article, and watch out for more info, to find out how it's all a big lie.

-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't Say Gay...

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Florida state Senate on Tuesday passed a parents rights bill, a media-maligned piece of legislation that will prohibit primary school teachers from talking about sexual orientation with children in pre-K through third grade.

Senate passage of the Parental Rights in Education bill by a vote of 21-17 marks a milestone in parents’ efforts across the nation to fight back against the radical left in the classroom. The legislation also represents a model for other states to use as they push back the woke tides.

The Florida left-wingers call it the "don't say gay" bill to cast aspersions of us parents so hateful toward homosexuals that they accuse us of not even wanting to mention the word "gay".

The truth is the citizens of Florida just want to prevent the schools from discussion of sexual orientation until a child is at the least in the fourth grade.

What is the truth in the opposition to this bill is that the homosexual community wants to open children up to the concept of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transsexuals that they welcome them into their lives, that perhaps they too will become anything but a heterosexual.

I must wonder if these people want the children to maybe welcome any sexual abuse as normal.

But that's just me.

To be clear, the Florida legislation is not an “anti-gay” bill. It is instead a bill aimed at protecting children—and preventing educators with an agenda from infecting young kids with radical ideology.

------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------




---------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------

Review of Cooking Shows

I love cooking shows.  Not that I am any kind of great cook so allow me to explain.  I was married 23 years to a man I adored.  Over the years there had been other husbands, stepchildren, my own child and eventually a grandchild.  I was in charge of cooking but husband liked two things mainly, meat and potatoes and sometimes some sort of bread.

And most folks do like this kind of thing so it's most what I've learned to cook over the years. Now that I live alone I find that I rather like fine seasoning, vegetables I'd never serve meat-loving men, even some spicy and hot additions to make eating more....well flavorful.

Truth is I don't know much about such as sage and cumin.  I have tasted salmon, a fish I didn't cook until over age 70 and learned what a great taste indeed.  I had no idea one should never cook chopped garlic along side the fried onions.

So I began to watch various cooking shows in order to learn such things.

Below is a short review of my favorite cooking shows and what one can learn from them.

Rachel Ray

Weekdays, 10 am Fox Network

Rachel Ray is, indeed, one of my favorite cooking shows.  But be aware, Rachael puts everything in her pantry in food she makes and at times my eyes roll in my head in confusion.

I would eat anything that Rachael Ray prepares but there are very few of her culinary creations that I would prepare myself.

Ray has guests on her daily show, and not all of them are cooks.  She is a great hostess and I find her show quite entertaining.
--------------------------------------
The Good Dish


weekdays 10 am ABC

The Good Dish is a daily cooking show that replaced the Dr. Oz show.  In fact, one of the three featured cooks is the daughter of Dr. Oz.

The cooks usually come up with a theme, such as "stir-fried" foods or perhaps "breakfast foods".

This show features guests, most who cook and will join the crew to prepare great pancakes.  The show also creates an internet sign that a viewer can capture on their cell phone, hit a choice, and get the recipe featured electronically.

While Rachael Ray has about 7,000 ingredients around her to put in what she is cooking, The Good Dish crew keeps it somewhat simple and I have learned quite a bit from this show.

---------------------------------------------
Bizarre-foods-Delicious Destinations.....


10:00 am 
CookD

Hosted by Andrew Zimmem, this show has Andrew visiting a city or locale in which he features their famous foods.  I have watched such a show in Czechoslovakia or even Minnesota.

I enjoy this show although one doesn't learn much on how to cook the featured specialties.  One such show coming in from Europe showed a local special delicacy called "pig's knuckle".  I didn't even know pigs had knuckles and I'm not sure I'd eat them.

But I am greatly entertained by the many and various cooking methods used, watching how the locals enjoy and describe the means.

And maybe once in a while I learn a trick or two I'd never learn on a teaching-type cooking show.
----------------------------------------

Top Chef

Thursdays at 8pm Bravo

This show has contenders that do some great cooking.

However, they are given ingredients to prepare their entrees into a category.  Often it's a combination of ingredients that most normal cooks would not use together.

That, of course, is part of the challenges.  If you have four ingredients, say tomatoes, pig knuckles, oranges and kale.....well the idea is to illustrate the creativity of the contenders.

For home cooks like me this is an amusing cooking type show but I do not learn much from it.

But it is entertaining.
--------------------------------------------------------
The Kitchen

Saturdays

Now here's a cooking show that teaches a lot.  It features four allegedly famous cooks.  I am familiar with the cooks having seen them around but only one do I see frequently.

Whatever and whoever, I find this show the most instructive of all for a home cook.

Each of the four featured cooks have specialties for which they are known.

They make great dishes out of normal ingredients.

If I had to recommend one cooking show to recommend to learn from it would be this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixing Bad Restaurants

"Restaurant Impossible"
Food Network Thursdays at 8pm

"24 Hours to Hell and Back"
Fox

These two shows have very similar plots.  One features Chef Robert Irvine (Restaurant Impossible) and the other features Gordon Ramsay.  Both of these people are well known chefs.  The shows are very similar.

A real restaurant is featured on each show.  The hosts greet the owners of the restaurants and show the viewers just what is the problem with each.

Each show has 48 hours to revamp the restaurant, and clean it thoroughly.  Menus are revamped and re-done.

There is a big ending when the viewer gets to see the new seating and décor of the restaurant.  The staff is trained to do a better job or re-assigned to jobs that suit them more.  Viewers learn the history of the restaurants being over-done and, of course, the menu is reviewed and changed.

Both of these shows are quite entertaining but I like Robert Irvine better.  Ramsay tends to spend a lot of time cleaning the place.  While a clean eatery is quite important, this is kind of boring in that it's better to have cleaning and re-decorating all part of one reveal.
-------------------------------------------------
TIME FOR A SMILE



No comments: