Monday

TV This Week-A Room Make-over Show for Guys?

The TV is mostly background noise to Grandmother but at times there may be a show actually worth attention.



This Monday for Guys, and a Most Important Premiere
=====================================================


I have perused the TV listings for the upcoming week and note some items of interest.

Beginning with a Monday Night-10/18/04- with plenty for the guys. Obviously there is the Monday Night football games, which I never watch as is the right of my sex. The Buccaneers are facing the Rams on Fox- at 9 pm.

I’m not even sure what cities those teams represent except the Rams might be Los Angeles.

If yon fellows don’t care for the football, may I suggest Discovery’s “Monster Garage” at 9 pm? While I’ve written the most wonderful missive on those room makeover shows, Monster Garage is, you guessed it, a Garage Makeover! Perhaps my wise little missive will have more meaning after seeing a plain concrete garage transformed into the Taj Mahal.

On Tuesday 10/19/04, at 9pm, Lifetime is showing what they call a ‘docudrama’ titled “Dying to Love You”. I watched a Lifetime docudrama about that Texan woman who ran over her husband three times with her car.

A ‘docudrama’ as I understand Lifetime’s concept, is an actual true crime. There is a moderator to discuss the case and certain parts of the crime are dramatically presented. Since I’m a true crime buff, I think the docudramas to be a very interesting take on how things might have went.

Every week I pick one show that seems quirky and one show that I’ve never watched before. On Wednesday 10/20/04, Discovery channel has a special titled “Dirty Jobs”. It’s a documentary on the dirtiest jobs some humans hold across the planet. Cleaning dead animals off the road side, for instance. Or scrubbing down a gruesome crime scene.

Hey, somebody has to do those jobs and I bet they charge handsomely for the services. Still, this show sounds quirky enough to meet my qualification.

That same night….TADA…sound the trumpets and bang the drums. For NBC will be showing the premiere of WEST WING!

I shall never be the political junkee who denies watching West Wing to appear perfectly politically correct. For West Wing is a very liberal show, the liberals’ dreams of how the world would perfectly coalesce if only a far-left liberal could get hands on the controls.

Heck, I watch it just for this reason.

With sadness I note that for the four Wednesdays following this West Wing premiere, I will be teaching a class. Not that I’m not excited about teaching this class, in Georgetown Elementary school on how to get published should there be any interest, but dang, I could have picked the nights. I forgot all about West Wing being on Wednesday night.

For a show I’ve never watched before, on Friday 10/22/04 at 9 pm, Fox will be showing “America’s Most Wanted”. Which show might be old news to yon readers but myself has never tuned in.

On Saturday, 10/23/04 a 8 pm NBC will be presenting “Most Outrageous Moments on Live TV”. Fox will be presenting the first game of the world series at the same time.

I always find those live tv moment things to be very funny. This is allegedly a ‘new’ broadcast.

But that’s just me.

Happy Viewing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read every word here..
loved it !