Friday

Gossip-The 57th Emmy Nominations;Delaware-Airplane Crashes,Hit and Runs; Fishgiggles.

NAME THE PLANT-CLICK LINK BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS

CLICK HERE TO WIN!

 Posted by Hello

57TH Emmy Awards Nominations

Emmy Awards Nominations Are In, But Are They Desperately Lost?
Blogcritics.org
Yahoo.com


Comedy

ABC's Desperate Housewives is competing in a field that includes last year's winner, the quirky "Arrested Development," and "Will & Grace," which matched "Desperate Housewives" with its 15 nominations Thursday.

Also named in the category were "Scrubs" and "Everybody Loves Raymond," which wrapped after nine seasons and received a hearty farewell of 13 bids.

Drama

The drama category pits another freshman ABC hit, "Lost," against the sophomore Western drama "Deadwood," "Six Feet Under," "24" and "The West Wing,"

---
Reality

Television's most popular show, Fox's singing contest "American Idol," has a chance to finally win an Emmy. It was nominated again in the reality competition program category, facing "The Amazing Race," "Survivor," "Project Runway" and "The Apprentice."

Alan Alda Nominated for Everything

Alan Alda scored a hat trick this year, adding an Emmy bid for his supporting role in "The West Wing" to his nominations for an Academy Award ("The Aviator") and a Tony Award ("Glengarry Glen Ross").


~~~~~~~~~~
Asked and Guessed. Blind Item Fun

**NY Daily News Blind Item 7/11**
ASKED
BEN WIDDICOMBE'S GATECRASHER
Which tomcatting boy-bander has been quietly paying child support for a little bundle of joy that he had outside any of his highly publicized relationships

GUESSED

Brian McFadden
Justin Timberlake
~~~~~~~~~~
Just for Fun
Came across some pics of celebrities many years ago and how they look today. This is the first of a regular feature in the weekly gossip posts.

~~~~~~~~~~


More Gossip HERE


 Posted by Hello


Full Moon in Delaware?

The weirdest thing is the plane crash.

Only a few miles down the road from me. It took searchers quite a while to find that plane. Then one investigator reported, I kid you not, “We’re pretty sure it’s the plane we’re looking for.”

How many planes are down in those deep murky waters anyway.

From Delmarvanow.com
The possible recovery of the second plane came as the search neared the end of its third day in deep, murky waters near Cape Henlopen. It may have helped conclude the investigation of an incident that began as a typical summer weekend treat for people in the Lewes area.

The accident

It was a familiar, but still thrilling sight: six small planes in tight formation, maneuvering over Delaware Bay around 11 a.m. Sunday.

Then, as hundreds of beachgoers and anglers watched from near Cape Henlopen, the exercise went awry. A wing of one aircraft touched a wing of another, and both planes crashed into the water.

One hit a shallow portion of the bay and was recovered soon afterward, its pilot dead. The other hit deeper water.



~~~~~~~~~~
Motorists and Bicyclists in the First State.
Not only are motorists hitting bicyclists, but they are RUNNING FROM THE SCENE!

As it turns out, I have an opinion on this.

For Dewey and Rehoboth Beach are two areas to bicycle in if you want to die.

No way should bicycles be riding along the very dangerous Route 1.

It’s not that the bicyclists do not follow the laws. But aren’t there times when cars and bicycles just do not mix?

My husband was stopped dead and two hours late due to one of these accidents. Which means that bicyclist was tooling along during the afternoon rush hour.

Below an account of two hit-an-runs on Delaware bicyclists.

From Delmarvanow.com
Police search for motorist in hit-and-run

By Roger Hillis
Coast Press Reporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delaware State Police are investigating a pair of hit-and-run incidents in which vehicles struck bicyclists on the busy Route 1 corridor.

Adrian Ciprian Matei, 21, of Romania, remained in serious condition at Christiana Hospital on Tuesday following a Thursday, July 7, collision near Lewes. A 35-year-old Millsboro woman surrendered to authorities July 8 but has still not been formally charged, Troop 7's Cpl. Jeff Oldham said Tuesday.

On Sunday, July 10, an unknown motorist fled after striking two bicyclists just north of Rehoboth Beach, Oldham said. One of the victims remained hospitalized at Christiana Hospital on Tuesday.

~~~~~~~~~~
More Delaware Posts HERE

 Posted by Hello


An Oldie But a Goodie

A Dog Named SEX…

Everybody who has a dog calls him "Rover" or "Boy". I call my dog "Sex".

Now, Sex has been very embarrassing to me. When I went to get his license, I told the clerk I would like to have a license for Sex. He said, "I'd like to have one too." Then I said, "But this is a dog." He said I didn't care what she looked like. Then I said, "You don't understand, I've had Sex since I was 9 year old." He said I must have been quite a kid.

When I got married and went on my honeymoon, I took the dog with me. I told the hotel clerk that I wanted a room for my wife and me and a special room for Sex. He said that every room in the place was for sex. I said, "You don't understand, Sex keeps me awake at night." The Clerk said "Me too."

One day I entered Sex in a contest but before the competition began, the dog ran away. Another contestant asked me why I was just standing there looking around. I told him I had planned to have Sex entered in the contest. He told me that I should have sold tickets. "But you don't understand", I said, "I had hoped to have Sex on television." He called me a show-off.

When my wife and I separated, we went to court to file for custody of the dog. I said, "Your Honor, I had Sex before I got married." The judge said "Me too." Then I told him that after I was married, Sex had left me. He said, "Me too."

Last night Sex ran off again. I spent hours looking around town for him. A cop came over to me and asked "What are you doing in this alley at 4 in the morning?" I said, "I'm looking for Sex..."

My case comes up on Friday...

More Fish Giggles HERE

No comments: