Sunday

Sudden Devlopment on the Bobbie Jo Stinnett Murder

Sudden Development: An important communication, an unexpected but dramatic news event, perhaps a personal crisis. These are the things which cause me to post an immediate missive that Blog Readers too are kept informed.

Lisa Montgomery’s ex-husband Contacts Kaitlyn Mae Book Blog

The Internet is a big, sometimes daunting space, where persons can be benignly anonymous or take on a nefarious alter ego.

Thus I am not sure that the following comments posted on the Blog recently are REALLY from Carl Boman, ex-husband of Lisa Montgomery. Who, on Dec. 16, murdered Bobbie Jo Stinnett then removed Stinnett’s unborn baby from her womb to return home and claim it as her own.

It’s a strange, bizarre crime; a crime that hit the national radar almost as soon as it occurred.

I will argue that the post below truly did come from Carl Boman, Montgomery’s ex-husband, as opposed to a nameless Internet prankster, for the following important reason: the only thing Mr. Boman’s denies that has been posted on this Blog is that Lisa was NOT his step-sister.

I stumbled over this blog and couldnt believe the comments, there are so many lies, I was never Lisa's stepbrother. A horrible crime has been committed it has devasated people in the Stinnet family, my children, and the Montgomery's. Rise above the trash in the media. I will not defend Lisa in any way, but i am a private person, and I want to protect my kids, with one of you would like the media the lie and exaggerate about your life, have it on display? I know Lisa better than any one, and it is still a shock, Thank you Carl

Posted by Anonymous to The Kaitlyn Mae Book at 1/2/2005 10:14:25 AM

==========

Before I comment on the above post, alleged to be from Lisa Montgomery’s ex-husband, below is another comment received recently on this Blog.
===========
you guys in the media really do need to get your facts straight before making stories more bizzare than they already. Carl and lisa wern't ever step anything so please do your home work before you report things that aren't true I hope you get sued for wrongful reporting. You media people just like to take facts and twist them to the point that they aren't even true any more you are so sick to want to do that just to get a story out there. the people that you write about are just and you treat them like they are just there for you to malign. If you want to talk bad about things then make sure they are true thanks

Posted by Anonymous to The Kaitlyn Mae Book at 1/1/2005 03:10:48 AM


In both posts above, the wrath is directed to my rather gossipy assertion that Lisa Montgomery and her ex-husband were step-siblings.

There was plenty of other gossipy speculation, both on my original post and a brief follow-up post I made in response to the many comments I received about the crime.

For the record, I believe the top post is from Carl Boman, Lisa Montgomery’s ex-husband. The second post is either also from Carl Boman, or, I suggest softly, perhaps one of Lisa Montgomery’s children.

Either in my original post or the follow-up, I also asserted that Lisa Montgomery had been married TWICE to Mr. Boman; that he and Lisa ran a kennel and Jason Dawson was one of his customers; made allusions to other possible victims of Lisa; hinted that Lisa had been “practicing” her crime on her own dogs; that Lisa wanted a baby for her current husband; and most important of all, my unqualified assertion that Lisa Montgomery is NOT insane.

Yet all either of the above posts address is my, erroneous evidently, assertion that Lisa Montgomery and Carl Boman are step-siblings. Something I heard on some chat show or another so it’s not like I pulled it out of thin air.

Interesting.

I did make two other mistakes, mis-spelling Melvern as Malvern and quoting a Kansas paper as being the “Malvern Daily News”. I did post the comment correcting me and researched the poster’s adamant assertion that Melvern never had a daily paper. But I would strongly argue to the commenter of that second comment that this Blog is hardly any sort of Big Media.

Yet I was, I argue, careful in the gathering of my facts and I plainly stated throughout my original missive that most of what I wrote was gossip, speculation and rumination. Words used often throughout my narrative.

But look it right here, on the very day you posted your protest about the step-sibling thing, I am creating a correction post and giving you your say. I am also apologizing for the error. I am also pointing out, again, that from my original post, the step-sibling relationship is the only item you protest.

Carl, you can see plainly in the reading that I am a good writer. Your ex-wife’s entire crime was played out on the Internet, via terrier chat groups to other newsgroups. Her victims were hunted on the Internet. Either you or people in your family are reading this Blog, which is fine with me because take it to the bank, you got a far quicker response from this humble Blogger than you ever would have gotten from the mighty NY Times. I’d argue my facts were right close to the bone given my few errors reported so far.

Do you want me to write your book? Your childrens’ books? Because I am a true crime aficionado and do it very well. I am first and foremost a Blogger but read my sidebar, I also write books.

Or do you want to be my source throughout the upcoming investigation and subsequent trial? Do you want to use this Blog to get YOUR side of the story out?

Because I’m with you Carl. I’m with you all the way. And though it might be crass, there’s no law that says your children can’t make some money via their stories and insights, even you. I will take care of all that. Although hey, the prosecutors might not like it.

Before we continue, there is one requirement, Mr. Boman. Of course this assumes you even want to continue for as you state, you are a very private man. I’m very sorry, Mr. Boman, you have lost your privacy for a while. The public will be interested in your story and the stories of your children. Why not get the truth out there now?

What you need to do, Carl, is contact me. My email address is in my profile. You need to provide me something that assures me that you ARE who your comment says you are. I don’t know what just yet but you’ll figure it out.

Finally, please know that, per your post, no one understands better than me how very tragic this event is. I cannot imagine how devastating it all has to be to your children. Were such a horrible thing to happen to sweet Granddaughter Kaitlyn Mae I would be beside myself. Your children did absolutely nothing to deserve this notoriety.

Talk to me, Mr. Boman.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful, Patricia. You're liable to get drool all over your keyboard.

You are so clearly trying to manipulate this poor man to get the edge on a book about Montgomery that it's a bit nauseating.

He seems like a smart guy from his interviews. If it is him I am pretty certain he'll see through your "let MEEEEEEE get YOUR side out!" bullshit.

Anonymous said...

I am neither Carl's kid nor am I one of lisa's siblings. I am very close to the family though and I am so sick of the reporting being twisted and bent out of shape so as to be a lie when the media and other webpages get something. I tremble for the Stinnetts when they finally come out and make a statement. Their lose is too much to bear let alone exposed by a trash hungry media and even more trash hungry public. You say that you aren't the media so your part in putting this on the web is much worse as you pass on second hand gossip and make things worse for the innocent victims in this. Just shut up spouting trash and if you must write then write something good or at least the truth if you must print tragedy. I choose to remain anonymous as I too am a private person. I supect that you too want to make money from this as you seem to be so keen to write the book don't you think that is rather sick? That is what I call dirty money.

Anonymous said...

In all my reading I have come across Lisa's relationship with Carl Boman and each has indicated that Carl Boman is Lisa's stepbrother. She was also only 16 at the time Carl got her pregnant, he was 24. He should have been procecuted for have sex with an under age child.
Kansas City Star 1-09-05 in an article titled, "Montgomery's Family Saw Peril Approach", by Karen Dillion and Kevin Murphy email:kmurphy@kcstar.com reported: By 1986, Lisa's mother had married Richard Boman, a former mayor and police chief of Sperry and retired Navy Sailor. Richard Boman's son, Carl Boman, had returned from the Navy and was dating Lisa. Lisa was ready to join the Air Force as a way to pay for college when she learned she was pregnant, her mother said. She and Carl married in August 1986, her dreams of college died.

Anonymous said...

Why hasn't anyone looked at Kevin Montgomery? I believe is guilty of Aiding and Abedding, at the least.
Topekas Capital-Journal 12-23-04 article, "Past Pregnancy Claims False", reported Lisa Montgomery had her tubes tied in 1990. In that same article Carl Boman's Attorney, James Campbell, "recalls, one of Montgomery's daughters testifying that she had concerns about her mother "and the pregnancies". Kansas City Star, 1-09-05 article, "Montgomery's family saw peril approach" reported: Lisa had four children in a little more than three years. After her fourth child in 1990, Lisa got a tubal ligation, rendering her sterile, said Carl Boman and her sisters. Her Mother was at the hospital when the procedure was done. In that same article it reported: In December 2003, Patty (Lisa's Sister) went to her sister's home, confronted Kevin Montgomery and told him his wife could not be pregnant because she had a tubal ligation in 1990. About a week later, Jerri (Lisa's sister) and their mother (Judy Shaughnessy) went to the home of Kevin Montgomery's parents, Roger and Joy Montgomery. "My mom told them everything"., Jerri said. She warned that Lisa "was fooling you guys". Topeka Capital Journal, 12-19-04 article "Couple Showed off Newborn", reported: Mike Wheatly, Pastor of the First Church of God in Melvern where Lisa and her huband Kevin Montgomery attend church. Said, Lisa was a "small, frail woman, and he and other in town doubted she was pregnant and due to deliver in Dec., as she said". He also ask Lisa about her thinness a month ago. Kansas City Star, 12-21-04 article, "Connection Formed Before Murder, Kidnaping", reported: Pastor Mike Wheatly said that Kevin Montgomery told him that he had recently felt a baby kick inside his wife. Wheatly said he saw Lisa Montgomery in October and commented to her she looked to thin to to eight months pregnant.
In many new reports interviewing people who knew Lisa described her to be, thin, small, frail,skinny as a rail, in her pregnancy.
Kevin Montgomery is the father of 3 children in a previous 16 year marriage. He must have been aware there were NO Medical arrangements. Lisa Montgomery had a flat slim stomach the whole year of 2004. Kevin Montgomery picked his newborn up at a Long John Silvers, parking lot. He must have known, that baby wasn't his. After all he was told Lisa had her tubes tied. If Kevin Montgomery hadn't of covered up Lisa's pregnancy, BOBBIE JO STINNETT MIGHT STILL BE ALIVE!! Kevin Montgomery needs to take a Lie Detector Test.

Anonymous said...

I think that you should get all of your facts straight before you post them on the internet for anyone to read. Lisa Montgomery is still some kids's mother and wife. Why wouldn't you try to contact them to get the details because her mother is nothing but a liar trust me i know because she is my grandmother and she has allways tried to ruine my mothers life. She also kidnapped me and my brother and sisters when we were younger and did not want to give us back so how could you believe her she is the one who ruined her life and made her the way she is.

Anonymous said...

Also my mom was not 16 when she had her firt child because the oldest is just now going to be 19 and Lisa Montgomery is 37 going to be 38 so she wasn't 16 so please don't believe everything you hear or read