Friday

A True Crime Warning

The Truth About True Crime Posts

True crimes, by their very nature, are ongoing type of things. They are, also, mysteries. At least until the mystery is solved.

A body is found, someone is missing. A search begins, the players emerge. Pleas are televised, police begin the search, the circumstances slowly become known.

I am having problems on this Blog with comments to the true crime posts. It seems there are some folk who are either crazy to begin with or become obsessed with the crime. Thus I’ve had to do something I never wanted to do. I’ve had to delete comments and in some cases turn off certain Blog posts completely to additional comments.

Because sometimes, as the mystery is ongoing, I may get it wrong. I may speculate in a direction not liked by a particular reader or readers. Who might, for all I know, be perpetrators of the true crime then capturing the attention of the nation. No one tunes into a Blogger’s posts to get a dry recitation of the facts. The facts can be found across the Internet. Bloggers and pundits are opinion people. Anyone may tune in for my speculation on any ongoing crime and anyone may disagree with my ruminations. It cannot be emphasized enough here that my speculation is naught but that, speculation.

Those who disagree with my analysis are invited, even encouraged, to post a comment as to why my speculation is wrong or to offer another scenario. Readers may NOT, and this will be enforced, post any profanity whatsoever in a comment. Such comments will be deleted immediately. Ad homonym attacks also are not allowed. We can all agree right now that I am fat, stupid, ugly and cause of vomiting episodes upon innocent keyboards just by a glance at my picture. Now don’t bother pointing this out in comment after comment. It WILL be deleted. Such comments are not about my tender feelings being hurt. Such comments simply add nothing to the arguments.

I will NOT delete Blog posts on true crimes even on those occasions when I get it wrong. I will also remind that I am NOT on a jury and as such have an American right to have an opinion. Even the police have to eliminate suspects, conduct investigations, give interviews that might not reveal all they know. Often during this process I make a post speculating on a wrong possible perp. Later, the truth may come out. I will leave all my posts on a particular crime open that the readers may know if I got it wrong or right. I will NOT apologize to someone I don’t know and I will NOT pull the Blog post. If I’ve committed any sort of slander in my speculation than the one slandered may sue me in a court of law. The entire country is not invited to join in on that lawsuit via comments to my Blog.

The nature of a true and ongoing crime is that the truth is not known at the onset. Facts leak out, reporters snoop around, lies are broadcast as if true. I’m not going to shut up and go home just because some idiots get it into their craw that they don’t like what I say. Click in, please, to get some speculation and rumination. Click on by if what I compose offends.

Hey, it’s as simple as that. Because I don’t necessarily want to be right. I just want to know the answers.