Thursday

Gordon Ramsay practices hyperbole in describing his Master Chef Cooking show. He even lies a little bit.

Gordon Ramsay practices hyperbole in describing his Master Chef Cooking show. He even lies a little bit.




MASTERCHEF: Gordon Ramsay in the all-new “Think Inside The Box” episode of MASTERCHEF airing Wednesday, Sept. 9 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.CR: Greg Gayne / FOX. © 2015 FOX Broadcasting. MASTERCHEF: Gordon Ramsay in the all-new “Think Inside The Box” episode of MASTERCHEF airing Wednesday, Sept. 9 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.CR: Greg Gayne / FOX. © 2015 FOX Broadcasting.[/caption]

official Masterchef site

I do quite enjoy cooking shows though I don't cook very well.

But I'd sure like to learn and I am. At age 66, however, might be a bit late to fry an egg.

Still and so I watch cooking shows except possibly Hell's Kitchen and after a while I even tune in to that show.

Gordon Ramsay hosts Hell's Kitchen, as well as MasterChef. The contenders in Hell's Kitchen are all professional chefs competing for a head chef job at some restaurant owned or managed by Gordon Ramsay.

MasterChef's contenders are people, like me, amateur cooks who got real good at it. Not that my fine self would ever make to MasterChef or anything but I enjoy learning to meld foods and it's people like me who get good enough at to enter this show.

This show is NOT, no matter what Gordon Ramsay says, the biggest cooking competition in the world.

Let us not forget there is an entire network devoted to the art of food preparation with it’s the Next Food Network Star quite a hit.

I don't have the statistics, of course, but on a hunch here, when Ramsay was scolding a contender for taking a silly dare on….well this biggest cooking show in the universe thing.

Anyway, these past two MasterChef shows have shown me how to cook a live lobster and strip it of its meat. Well I already know how to do that as I from Maryland and know seafood. I can strip a steamed crab of its meat in a few seconds.

This most recent episode had the contenders making steak and sides for the military and preparing fried chicken like the colonel.

mc7.14.16fieldofmilitaryThe steak challenge involved the contenders dividing up into two teams, red and blue with last episode's winner leading the blue team….Alejandro.

Military heroes were soberly served the steak and sides produced by the two teams but in the end the blue team beat the red team something awful.

As this show goes, the losing team must participate in what they call a "pressure test", involving cooking stuff real quick like.


The final bottom were charged with cooking up some fried chicken, this after Gordon Ramsay showed how to properly cut up a chicken.

Now I found this very helpful. I'd never attempt to cut up a chicken myself as this is why God made Butchers.

But I understand Gordon's demonstration and found it instructive.

The contenders burnt their chicken (Manny), some just fried them plain (Katie) and one had some kind of awful cornmeal coating (Diana).

The judges sent Manny home, alas, the fire house cook who really, folks, is not MasterChef material.

I can't begin to take a guess as to who will win as for whatever reason there are still like 15 left.

I don't see this show lasting 15 weeks.

We shall see.

=========

To read back posts of MasterChef Season 7, Click on "MasterChef 2016" under"Categories" on the sidebar.

Consider entering your email address to get all new posts on this series, which is posted within three days of the episode.

Gossip, snark and observations you'll not see elsewhere always available here.

No comments: