Saturday

The Chinese Spy Balloon, The Worst SOTU Speech ever, Smiles and gossip

 Daily Miscellany


Thoughts and flashes of brilliance that enter my head from nowhere.

Enjoy.  Or abhor, depending on the effect of my "wisdom".

The Chinese Balloons
---------------------------------------------------

Of course I have some thoughts on that infamous Chinese balloon that sailed across the skies of my country unimpeded by any defense.

I remember seeing the first video of the thing as it loftily flew over the State of Montana and wondered what the hell happened to my country.

America has been attacked on its soil before.  There was the attacks of 9-11 and, of course, Pearl Harbor.

Every time any foreign country attacked America we attacked right back.

But I suppose since the Bidens are making a fortune off of the Chinese they are allowing them a free flight over the country to spy on us.

My question is, what are the Republicans going to do about it?

Because don't count on the Democrats to do the right thing.
-------------------------------------------------

The Autobiography Begins
-----------------------------------------------------
   
I'd written about  my plan to write my own autobiography, soon.  I also plan to write autobiographies for others.  For now, here are some of my chapter subjects.  

But first, allow me to establish that I have given myself a grade for the entirety of my life, a C+.  Anybody planning to write their own autobiography should begin pondering their life grade.

Some of the chapters of my life will include:

-the story of my house burning down, completely, when I was 14.
-the fact that I earned my college degree after 13 years of going at night.
-I lived on a farm for four years.  We were the worst farmers ever...boy I got some farm stories
-I also lived on the Chesapeake for 13 years.
-I have written, and published, five books.
-I am an avid birdwatcher and Blogger.

Hang on, it's been a good life, but I made a lot of mistakes.
----------------------------------------------------------

The 2023 State of the Union Address
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was delivered on the Tuesday prior to the writing of this message, on Feb. 7, 2023.

President Biden delivered the annual State of the Union Address and first, take note, he didn't make too many gaffes, he didn't fall off of a bike, he pretty much read from the script-writer.  Couple of claps for that.

Kevin McCarthy kept my attention as he sat behind the President and his disdain was evident.  Which is
not to state that he was not on his proper behavior.  He did shake his head "no" when Biden told a lie, which was all night.  But he clapped when Biden gave a somewhat correct statement.

One thing McCarthy did NOT do was tear up a printed copy of the President's speech as the former Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, so rudely did.

Still to see a Republican, finally, as Speaker of the House of Representatives, THIRD in line for the presidency  was a nice change.

Besides lying about the state of the economy, Afghanistan, the Chinese balloons, illegal immigrants, one of Biden's biggest gaffes was his assertion that the Republicans want to reduce Social Security and Medicare.

Biden's been repeating this lie since he was a Senator.  But he says it, like he repeats lies with grace and ease.

Republicans would NEVER seek to cut down SS and Medicare, a source of income for all American citizens that they've paid into all of their lives.

The Republicans all booed over this lie told by our President.  

And I hear that Mitt Romney garnered no favors for his traitorous presence.
------------------------------------------------------------
Weekly Idle Gossip

Just a collection on social/political items that caught my attention.  Now I try to catch yon reader's attention.

We hear "Bed,Bath and Beyond" is closing over 100 stores.  Seriously, does anyone really go shopping there?

Bert Bacharach died.  Mostly a composer for -Dionne Warwick, he was in his 90's and lived a good life.  May he rest in peace.

The FBI as I hear it, is now investigating former VP Pence's house.  I bet they're looking for stuff on Trump.

So how about that amazing kiss shared by Dr. Jill Biden and VP  Kamala's husband?

Enjoy.


------------------------------------------------

TIME FOR A SMILE




No comments: