Tuesday

2023 Year in Review...Man of Year; NOT Man of Year; Those Who Died; Jews and War

 1/2/2024

It’s time for the year-end Blog post which should sum up 2023.

This was the year of the wonderful President Joe Biden, who regularly fell up or down steps, often mis-spoke, managed to almost double Trump gas-prices, with a horrible son who is a cocaine addict.

We have the Man of the Year and the Man I most Dislike on this planet.

Some memories of the dear departed and, of course, some gossip.

We have an update on that mess in Israel and I thought I would tell the story of my Jewish sister.

Going forward:

Man of the Year

I happened to watch the dedication of Dick Van Dyke the other night and I decided that, now at age 98, Dick Van Dyke deserves to be nominated for man of the year, and for so very many reasons.


First of all, my very favorite TV show of all time stars Dick Van Dyke as well as his son, Barry Van Dyke.  That would be the show “Diagnosis: Murder”.  I am to understand that was a very long-running series but, of course, Van Dyke was in “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and many movies.  He can sing, dance and is, and always was, one of the most talented people in Hollywood.

------------------------------------

NOT Man of the Year

I simply cannot stand Greg Gutfeld of Fox News.

And, honestly, I think my despising of this man is…well take a look at his nose.  Anyone with a very evident crease at the very top of their nose has facial proof that they are a sarcastic person.

Now there’s nothing wrong with sarcasm.  I use it all the time.  But Gutfeld is more nasty than clever with his use of argument or debate.  He hates his co-workers and often mocks them on the air.  Jessie Water’s hair…Gutfeld is so jealous of his hair.

Gutfeld regularly makes fun of other Fox hosts and I think it is in such poor taste.

Anyway, Fox seems to like this guy so I got my slam in.

-----------------------------

.  May they rest in peace.

Below is a big list of all those who were important to us died in 2023

--------------------------

2023 POLITICAL AND WORLD AFFAIRS

We simply must mention the horrible President we have, with the most amazing son who has made so much of himself…never mind the illegitimate kids and cocaine in the White House.

Ahem.

The economy hasn’t suffered horribly under Biden’s watch except the price of gas went sky high.  But he and his administration allowed millions of illegal immigrants into this country without approval of anybody.

Sorry for yon Biden lovers reading this….that man needs to go.

Let us not forget the mess Biden has made in the world.  For one thing, ole Joe, his brother, son and family are all getting rich off of China.  While China drifts foreign balloons across the country and undermines American Entrepreneurs.  For another thing, while few mention it, I am sorry folk, but President Biden has a very weird habit of rubbing and kissing the heads of children, especially young girls.

Finally, Biden went to Afghanistan and left millions of dollars of equipment behind.  Biden has done not much for the Ukraine except give them money.  And now we have that mess in Israel going on.

Americans can even buy toys with the fighting GAZA…see below.



I had written a Blog post about this war…..https://patfish.blogspot.com/2023/11/question-for-jews.html

Reading the link provided would provide my feelings about that awful war but allow me to end this 2023 year end analysis with the story of my Jewish sister.

 First please know that I am a Catholic.  Indeed my whole family was Catholic.  So finding out that we had a Jewish sister was a clear surprise to all of us.

It began one day with a phone call from my mother.

“Pat, I found out some news today that you should know about.  You better sit down.”

And so it began.  I was, at the time, about 32 years old.  I sat down as my mother asked.

“I had a baby that I gave up for adoption.  Today she contacted me.  She wants to meet all of us.”

Of course I was shocked.  My parents, at the time, had two daughters and a son.  My older sister was 4 years older than me with my brother 2 years younger than me.

 

We heard the story.  I did call my father, who was by that time divorced from my mother for over 25 years.  In fact my mother got re-married and had 3 more children and my father got married and had one more son.

“All I can tell Patricia is I was in the army at the time.  I would have had to mail it in.”

At any rate, we did meet this daughter.  She was welcomed by my sister, me, my mother and my daughter.  She was, as I stated, given to Jewish parents , raised in Reisterstown , a very Jewish section of Baltimore.  We all did like her but eventually she moved to Arizona.  I don’t know why.  She had two daughters.

 I don’t know if having a Jewish sister changed my mind about this was, started by HAMAs and helped by the Palestinians.  I just know that the Israelis have a right to live in peace in the land God gave them.

No comments: