Saturday

Big Week for Football!! Review of "Hudson and Rex"-the new Lassie. Where is Lloyd Austin? Smiles, Laffs

 1/13/2024

FOOTBALL  COMES TO ITS CLIMAX

A really good Blogger would explain the NFL, the teams ahead in the AFC, the Wild Card teams, who has a “buy”.  But I have no idea of what I speak.  I do know that The New England Patriots and Bill Belichick have mutually agreed to part ways, concluding his 24-year tenure as head coach of the Patriots. 

Also, the Ravens are ahead in their league or conference or whatever it is called. 

But what’s the deal  with those Eagles?  With yon reader understanding that I was born in Maryland in the era of the Colts.  My husband of 25 years lived in Massachusetts and had family positively wed to the Patriots.  And husband and I both moved to Delaware upon retirement and I have been here for over 20 years.  Thus I owe some loyalty to the Philadelphia Eagles, the adopted home team of so many current Delawareans.

But the Eagles were, so the stats speak, at 11-1 about five games ago but ended the season at 11-6.

And finally, the Ravens’ coach, John Harbaugh, and his famous brother, Jim Harbaugh, share in the joy of their win.

=================

THE NEW LASSIE

HUDSON and REX is an action-packed one-hour police procedural drama focused on the partnership between detective Charlie Hudson and his partner Rex, “

Rex happens to be a German Shepherd.  As the link states, Rex works with his partner Charlie Hudson who happens to be a police detective in Canada.

I became intrigued by this series because : 1)  I have five hundred thousand TV stations on my TV.  I don’t know how I got them but I am not unhappy.  AND…2) Yes, I adored the show “Lassie”.

I was much younger when the series Lassie was famed for the dog that understood humans and saved many lives.  It’s a bit different with this series.  Or else I’m a lot older and can see the shenanigans used to make this dog become and actor.


First, Rex has a habit of barking when the human cops around him are discussing a case.  It’s almost as if Rex was trying to insert his opinion into the matter.  Also, there was a video clip of Rex leaping through the air to help catch a bad guy because, you don’t think Rex is going to be tough on the criminals?

It was a great video but frankly, even to my un-photogenic eyeballs, his leap looked fake to me, as if another dog from another scene.

I watched this show on a whim and will not likely watch again as Rex is not Lassie.

===============


Secretary of Defense Disappears Amid Confusion

Lloyd Austin is America’s Secretary of Defense.  The story is that Austin entered the hospital on January 1,2024 and no one knew anything about it until a few days later. 

I pay fairly close attention to politics and this big piece of news shocked me.  The most important secretarial position in the president’s cabinet, it could be argued, is the Defense Secretary. 

Yes, he has prostate cancer, so goes the story.  But someone should have known. 

For while Austin was in the hospital, Iran was attacking ships all over the world.  Just when the country most needed a secretary of Defense, so goes the argument, no one knew where he was.

======================



No comments: