Monday

TV-Apprentice LA-Marketing a Lexis; Kaitlyn Goes to Church

In this Blog post we've got a review of Apprentice LA which we're keeping up with diligently folks.

Also, Kaitlyn Mae goes to church. She meets Jesus and the choir. I was worried but Kaitlyn loved every minute of it.


Pic of the Day
optical illusion.the word




Quote of the Day
Grandkids
My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, "62." He was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"
**********************************
After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. At last she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"
******************************
A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
*****************************



Web Site Worth the Visit
Tree Houses

God Bless America. For we don't just build tree HOUSES in this country folks. We build tree MANSIONS.

CLICK HERE



TIDBITS
Bizarre Holidays in March

March 1 is National Pig Day and Peanut Butter Lover's Day

March 2 is Old Stuff Day

March 3 is I Want You To Be Happy Day, Peach Blossom Day and National Anthem Day

March 4 is Holy Experiment Day

March 5 is Multiple Personalities Day

March 6 is National Frozen Food Day

March 7 is National Crown Roast Of Pork Day

March 8 is Be Nasty Day

March 9 is Panic Day

March 10 is Festival Of Life In The Cracks Day

March 11 is Johnny Appleseed Day and Worship of Tools Day

March 12 is Alfred Hitchcock Day

March 13 is Jewel Day

March 14 is National Potato Chip Day

March 15 is Buzzard's Day and Everything You Think Is Wrong Day

March 16 is Everything You Do Is Right Day

March 17 is Submarine Day

March 18 is Supreme Sacrifice Day

March 19 is Poultry Day

March 20 is Proposal Day and Festival Of Extraterrestrial Abductions Day

March 21 is Fragrance Day

March 22 is National Goof-off Day

March 23 is National Organize Your Home Office Day and National Chip and Dip Day

March 24 is National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day

March 25 is Pecan Day and Waffle Day

March 26 is Make Up Your Own Holiday Day and Spinach Festival Day

March 27 is National "Joe" Day More Info on National "Joe" Day

March 28 is Something On A Stick Day

March 29 is Festival Of Smoke and Mirrors Day

March 30 is I Am In Control Day

March 31 is Bunsen Burner Day and National Clams On The Half Shell Day


 Posted by Hello


The Donald Sends "Poor White Trash" Home

Apprentice contender Derek did refer to himself as "poor white trash" in a boardroom confrontation after Kinetic lost in that week's assigned task of providing potential customers an "owner experience" for the luxury car the Nexus. It was a bit of a boorish comment but I thought Trump's reaction to be over the top. It seems to me that Donald wanted to avoid the current "rehab" phase of entering therapy whenever a politically incorrect phrase is uttered. Now I know Donald Trump didn't say the phrase "poor white trash" but a contestant on his show did. And with politcal correctness being so particular these days I'd guess that even if a contender on your reality show uses a politically incorrect phrase you might still have to go into rehab. Thus Donald avoided it all by simply firing Derek on the spot.

As stated above, the teams had been charged with setting up an area that would hype the Lexus luxury car. Arrow, led by Surya, set up a display with various audience draws. The Lexus team declared Arrow's setup to be "well-organized" and gave it a 94 out of 100.

Derek and Jenn fired Apprentice LA


The Kinetic team was lead by Jenn with Angela as marketing director. That team's setup was considered unorganized by the Lexus gurus, the signage was terrible and the only team members who performed well were Angela, Muna and Heidi. There was one item Kinetic added to their attraction and it received much commentary. Bad commentary. For Kinetic, at Derek's suggestion, had a go-cart track at their Lexus display. The Lexus poobahs thought this was very inappropriate what with their car being a luxury vehicle and everything. Kinetic's overall rating by Lexus was 84.

Team Arrow won the contest this week of the Lexus challenge.

3.5.07 task pic montage


The winning team was rewarded with a visit with rap star Snoop Dog where they would help create a new song with Snoop. Kinetic was condemned to dreaded tent city.

It was later at the boardroom confrontation that Derek made his statement about being "poor white trash". Derek acknowledged that he was the one who thought of the go-cart angle. Which was the origin of his "poor white trash" remark as Derek felt that it was his humble origins that had him come up with the go-cart idea and further, so Derek argued, that attraction did tend to bring in kids and kids have parents; parents who might be interested in a nice, luxury car.

Once Derek was booted out, Trump continued the boardroom confrontation. Derek was fired for his untoward remark; someone had to go for blowing the task.

That someone turned out to be project manager Jenn, who failed to provided the required leadership and who SHOULD have controlled Derek and his silly go-cart idea.

First Show 1/7/07
Swimsuit Task 1/14/07
Michelle Quits 1/21/07
Pollo Loco
The Honey of a Task
Priceline Trips and Language
Marketing the Lexis


More TV Reviews HERE
===============

 Posted by Hello


Kaitlyn Goes to Church

I made a terrible mistake with Kaitlyn's mother in raising her and I prayed for sweet Kaitlyn Mae for it was because of my child-rearing mistake that she too might be denied something vital in the raising of the human soul.

When Kaitlyn's mom was born I was the coolest liberal on the planet. I'd been raised solidly Catholic as a child but in my coolness coupled with a small amount of anger at the Catholic religion, I deemed that my newborn babe would not be constrained by the religion of her mother. Instead, my cool and happening young self determined, my tiny daughter can very well pick her own religion. Yeah, that's the ticket!

So my daughter was not baptized and did not attend any church regularly as a child. I was one hip chick Mama as I charged through life, raising my child, cooking up the bacon and earning the bread. The one mostly denied was my daughter. For people do not PICK their own religion. The spiritual side of our lives is best inculcated in us by our parents at a very young age and given nourishment to grow by regular worship and religious training. At least that's how I see it now.

I must deal with the monster my silly liberal youthful leanings help create. My daughter has absolutely no desire to join the Catholic church in any fashion and gives me a hard time when I express a desire to take Kaitlyn to a mass. I was given permission to take Kaitlyn to mass during a most recent visit when I had to sing in the choir for a Sunday service.

It's no matter my child's disdain for my church and I don't take it personally. It was ME who denied her a regular religious background at any rate. In my middle-aged years I have re-joined the church of my childhood but the denomination doesn't matter really. I raised Melissa in NO religion, never even had her baptized. I was just so damn cool. And so liberal, Lord I was a liberal any Moonbat would be proud of.

I curled Kaitlyn's hair the night before and warned her constantly, but gently, that when in church she must be quiet. At age three, Kaitlyn had never been inside of a church. I told her about Jesus, how He hangs on the cross in front of the church. I explained how I pray every week to Jesus that He watch over her at all times and how she too should pray to Jesus for those she loves. Kaitlyn looked confused but I continued on and explained how He died on the cross for us, how Jesus is God made into man. I am hardly any expert to be teaching religion to a child but it was comforting to be talking to a toddler about religion, to plant the notion of a greater God and His son made into man. I'd never had the chance.

I was concerned about how I would tend to Kaitlyn when I sang in the choir. My church does have a Sunday school for Sunday masses, called the "little disciples", children from age three through seven were called to the sacristy at the beginning of the Sunday mass. Kaitlyn slipped in right under the age range so I knew that for most of the mass she could go to Sunday school. There was still a window of time between when I had to show up to practice choir before mass and the time when the young ones were called to Sunday school. I worried my choir leader might be angry at my bringing a small child and the distraction this might cause. Not to mention the other choir members who also might be annoyed.

I forgot that all of my co-choir members are grandparents. They positively adored Kaitlyn and she was certainly the hit of the choir that Sunday morning. One choir member immediately got her teenage daughter to mind Kaitlyn while we practiced before the mass and the adolescent even kept Kaitlyn in her pew until she was called up for the little disciples Sunday school session. It was a great relief for me and that adolescent girl, who had a mother who saw to it that she had a religious background in her life I ruefully offer, was a perfect age to be minding a toddler.

Kaitlyn ready for first mass


The pew in which Kaitlyn sat was but a few behind the group of pews reserved for the choir so I could also keep an eye on her. Before the mass began, various choir members were going back to speak to Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn Mae was one happy and very well-behaved little girl. When the priest called for the little disciples, Kaitlyn's adolescent minder took her hand and led her to the front of the church. Kaitlyn was immediately surrounded by a bevy of kids, all coming forth by the call of the priest. Kaitlyn was by far the smallest little disciple that Sunday morning and she seemed a bit confused. One by one the children streamed through the door off the side of the church nave. Kaitlyn stood still as child after child went through the door until no one was left standing in that church nave but Kaitlyn, the priest and the alter boy. In front of the entire rather amused congregation, Kaitlyn whirled around, confused and unsure where to go. Eventually one of the Sunday school teachers came out and retrieved the confused Kaitlyn to the priest's and congregation's collective giggles. "It's a tough sell sometimes," I heard someone behind me say. As for me, I was biting my fingers as Kaitlyn twirled around in confusion, ready to push the entire choir and microphones aside to rush up and rescue my forlorn granddaughter.

Kaitlyn stayed in the back with the rest of the little disciples to come out when the whole group of them were released shortly before the mass ended. Her adolescent minder went up front to bring her back and Kaitlyn was loudly describing her experience during the whole walk back to her pew. I had to lean out of the pew and tap my beloved granddaughter as she passed to remind her that we do not talk loudly in church. Kaitlyn was amusing the entire congregation yet again with her loud details of how she laid down on a mat and listened to a story told by the adult minders. She was just going in to the details of the bible story told when I managed to shut her up. The priest, my choir leader, my co-choir members and the congregation were greatly enjoying Kaitlyn's recounting of her Sunday school experience, God Bless Her.

After the mass ended and singing duty was done, my choir leader greeted me and Kaitlyn. "You should bring her every week!" my choir leader said. This caused me relief as I was worried my bringing Kaitlyn would cause disruption. While I wasn't sure I'd bring the child every week, at least I know I can bring her should she be visiting on a weekend when mass and choir duty called. My choir leader asked about Kaitlyn's religious background. Whew. Well I wasn't proud of this but I hesitantly told the choir leader about my youthful folly with my own child. Sadly, I answered NO at my choir leader's question if Kaitlyn had yet been baptized.

"We can baptize her right here," my choir leader said. "They can do it right during Sunday mass!"

There is just no way Kaitlyn's mother will allow me to baptize her child Catholic and once again I can thank my liberal stupidity. In fact I did approach Kaitlyn's mother about having her baptized. "Not yet, Mom, I'm just not ready for that."

Of course I must respect my daughter's wishes. Had I raised her right this issue wouldn't even be going on and Kaitlyn would already be baptized.

Perhaps in due course I can direct my granddaughter down a religious path. I must respect her parents' wishes, obviously, but so long as THEY do not seem to have a religious leaning, perhaps my own religion can provide a background.

Later that day I asked Kaitlyn what was the best thing about her long weekend visit to grandmother's. "Going to church," she whispered.

There is hope.

More Kaitlyn posts HERE

Digg!

Add POST to Technorati Favorites
=======================

No comments: