Wednesday

The Voice 2012-Final Four and Not a One Anywhere Near an American Idol Contender

Pic of Day




There's four left in the NBC challenge to American Idol and they are, all things being equal and after careful thought, probably the best of the lot.

I've been right along complaining about this group of contenders that were no match for the American Idol finalists. Which could be because they likely couldn't even make the finals for American Idol but that's just a guess.

The winner will be announced tonight, Tuesday May 8,2012.

Let's take a closer look at the finalists.

Tony Lucca is well liked by America. He's been in the top for several weeks. I don't like him. I don't like his stupid hat, I don't like his shadow beard, I don't like the way he be-bops about and tries to be so cool. I don't like his singing and I don't believe for a second he'd make it past the first round in the American Idol tryouts.

Jermaine Paul does have a nice story. He has four children and does seem like a really nice fellow. He seems to be the counterpart of American Idol's Joshua except Jermaine doesn't carry notes quite as well. His last performance was Journey's song "Open Arms" and I heard a couple of off notes. That being said, he did a pretty good job of it and I would be happy if he won.


Juliet Simms and Tony Lucca can walk out that door together as far as I'm concerned. She's a Janis Joplin wannabe and not so good at it. On at least one week she had to be saved by Ceelo. I'd be very surprised if she won.

Chris Mann would be my choice to win this thing. Chris is an opera singer and he does have an almighty voice though at times it seems not very practiced. He sings powerful songs like "The Power of Love" and "Ave Maria". Chris has said that he wants to cross over to popular music from the opera genre and he can probably succeed with ballads and the like. As to how "popular" his music would be, this remains to be seen.

Below, chris mann sings AVE MARIA


So I hope Chris Mann wins, or Jermaine Paul. I sure hope Tony Lucca goes nowhere and Juliet really does not have any great talent. If she wins it will be a sad, sad commentary on this series.

But that's my opinion and we shall see. I'm right about as often as Dick Morris, for the record.

Other posts on this Blog on The Voice 2012

The Voice 2012-Battle Rounds an Intriguing Way to Cull Down the Competition


The Voice-Another Singing Competitive Reality Series Begins Its Run Against American Idol


Few Good Voices on The Voice 2012; Lots of Celebrity Squabbles

The Voice 2012 Bores On; Contenders Can't Sing and Not Looking Too Good Either



Click here to go to this Blog's main menu and see what other TV series we're covering.


No comments: